- Summer vibes ☀️
- Excellent execution of a main character struggling with religion + life
- STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON’T NEED NO MAN
- Seriously the best summer book you’ll ever read
- The “summer camp” book I needed by never got in my childhood !!!!!!!
- THE REALNESS OF THESE CHILDREN OMG
- One of my favorite mom and daughter relationships
- THE JOKES, MAN, THE JOKES
- Teen pregnancy? Trans character? Yes plz
- I can’t even explain in words how relatable this book is read it NOW OKAY BYE
- Main character struggling with mental health (anxiety + bipolar disorder)
- Alternating views between the two main characters! (Jonah is a real treat, y’all)
- Small-town beach life
- Mom vs. young adult struggles
- Clear focus on sibling relationships
- PERFECT FOR SUMMER READING
- Nobody “fixes” anybody
- Jonah’s cooking skills amirite?
- Vivi’s unapologeic love of anything she’s interested in
- Tear jerking resolution leaving you satisfied yet unsatisfied at the same time
Joseph-Beth Cincinnati hosted two back-to-back signings with my newest favorite contemporary authors! First up: Emery Lord for her newest book The Names They Gave Us
Emery was hilarious and down to earth! I had just finished her book When We Collided two days prior to this, and when I told her that it destroyed me she suggested I read something more lighthearted between it and The Names They Gave Us because it would destroy me too! She’s one of the most effortlessly funny people I’ve ever met.
Day Two involved meeting Brittany Cavallaro for her newest book The Last of August and Emily Henry for A Million Junes!
(I haven’t ready anything by Emily yet, so I also picked up The Love That Split The World.)
Brittany and Emily are best friends, and it was so cute to watch them interact with each other and lead the discussion! They had us laughing, crying, and wanting to be in their #squad. It was a seriously great time, with some seriously awesome ladies! I’ve never met anyone more kind than these two.
Emily’s mom made everyone these DELICIOUS cupcakes, and I got to enjoy mine with Cassie, a friend from OTSP Secret Sister! it was great meeting her and getting to hang out with her on both nights of signings!
Both signings were small and intimate, and there were some great questions asked! I love getting to go to these events, and couldn’t believe some of my newest faves coming this close to my tiny area! I still had to drive an hour and a half to get to them, but if they got any closer they’d have to host it in a corn field.