Top Ten Reasons to Read:
- It’s a classic work of literature you uneducated heathen GET WITH THE TIMES (lol I am just now reading it at 21)
- For a book from 1847, Charlotte Brontë sure does know how to get and keep her audience interested.
- ALL OF THE MEN SUCK BUT THERE ARE SO MANY STRONG POWERFUL BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED WOMEN (I cannot say this loud enough; I wish there was a caps lock x2)
- Jane takes absolutely no crap from anyone. Not her elders and definitely not her men.
- Adèle is the cutest little child to ever grace this earth I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS
- Some supernatural elements that always get explained by a logical reason
- Not a book about pointless socialization in England’s 19th century. (#blessed)
- Realistic death and injury (main characters are actually hurt and or killed like REAL LIFE PEOPLE)
- A couple of awesome dogs (really they aren’t that important but I love it when they make a cameo)
- Definitely better than Gone With the Wind (and if you know how much I love that book you know this is the best compliment ever).