- Balances love for Tom Hiddleston’s Loki with a burning hatred for this Loki.
- Rick Riordan’s sly joke skills
- The fate of the world(s) depends on… bowling
- Sam is who I want to be when I grow up.
- Alex is fantastic representation for Gender Fluid youth and the open discussion of she/he pronouns depending on the day was awesome!
- OKAY BUT SAM AND AMIR NEED TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER THAT PRECIOUS BOY IS EVERYTHING
- Hearth backstory
- Thor being Thor
- Did I mention BOWLING IS WHAT THE FATE OF THE WORLDS HINGES ON???
- Lila Bard is a total BADASS.
- More Prince Rhy moments (tbh he is the best)
- MAGICAL BATTLE GAMES
- Political surprises
- More intense and (literal ???) brotherly bonding 😉
- ALUCARD EMERY YOU HOT POTATO YOU
- Kell ~letting loose~
- Variation of Bad Guy™ motives.
- Thoughtful character development via Holland.
- Casual kissing
Much like the average book heroine, I don’t have time for hobbies because I’m too busy saving the world*.
*going to college
My one and only hobby being bookstagram, I’m always searching for those $5 flowers from Walmart to get that Aesthetically Pleasing™ look on a budget. I buy them, take some bookstagram pics, enjoy them for maybe three days and then any joy they brought me gets obliterated when they die.
I’ve been seeing a few seriously cute pictures come through my feed of little succulent plants and even though my sister had one last year that none of us could keep alive I thought, “It would be an excellent idea to buy three of these.”
My Plant Mom duties include watering every 5-6 days and praying I don’t kill these supposedly-easy-to-keep-alive babes.
- London, England. (need I say more?)
- Really freaking awesome MAGIC
- Witty internal monologues
- Kell is a precious cinnamon roll too good for this world.
- Young thief wants to be a pirate so she becomes a pirate = role model for children everywhere
- AMAZING fight scenes
- Thoughtful, intricate, and unique set-up and world building.
- Prince Rhy 😉 😉 😉
- The Evil Returns™ troupe (#obsessed)
Top Ten Reasons To Read:
- More of the unabashedly precious Jamie Watson.
- Counterfeit art mystery
- Family Drama™
- Realistic and honest representation of a teen struggling through romantic feelings after a pervious traumatizing assault.
- Financially wealthy BFF swoops in to kinda save the day (one of my fave guilty pleasure troupes)
- Accidental murder yoU NEVER SEE COMING
- Stylish bad guys/gals
- A fresh take on the “love triangle” biz
- JAMIE GOING UNDERCOVER AS A TOTAL BABE
- Witty dialogue and commentary on the realistic pressures of life in an outlandish situation.
I may be a few years behind the times but I’ve finally caught up to the Hamilton obsession. Trust me, I’ve done enough fan-girting in this last month to make up for it (ahaha someone please take the internet away from me).
My sister also loves Hamilton, but our mother? She’d never heard of it.
I could write a ten-thousand word blog on her reaction but why do this when you can just watch this amazing video compilation:
Top Ten Reasons to Read:
- It’s a classic work of literature you uneducated heathen GET WITH THE TIMES (lol I am just now reading it at 21)
- For a book from 1847, Charlotte Brontë sure does know how to get and keep her audience interested.
- ALL OF THE MEN SUCK BUT THERE ARE SO MANY STRONG POWERFUL BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED WOMEN (I cannot say this loud enough; I wish there was a caps lock x2)
- Jane takes absolutely no crap from anyone. Not her elders and definitely not her men.
- Adèle is the cutest little child to ever grace this earth I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS
- Some supernatural elements that always get explained by a logical reason
- Not a book about pointless socialization in England’s 19th century. (#blessed)
- Realistic death and injury (main characters are actually hurt and or killed like REAL LIFE PEOPLE)
- A couple of awesome dogs (really they aren’t that important but I love it when they make a cameo)
- Definitely better than Gone With the Wind (and if you know how much I love that book you know this is the best compliment ever).