Yesterday marked exactly four weeks until my 20th birthday. Not only will I not be an official teenager anymore, but I will have officially reached the point where I can say I’m a twenty-something. Who has to know the “something” is zero? No one, that’s who. I currently live at home while I’m going to college (YAY NO RENT) so for my birthday Mom and Dad redid my room. It is still in progress, but it’s going to be pretty fab, which is a word I am using to describe a lot of things lately. Probably because I’m almost a twenty-something and it’s a very twenty-somethingish thing to say. So, for my actual birthDAY I will get dinner and probably a cake, but no present(s) because my room is going to be (hopefully) finished by then. I always have a Birthday list though. I mean, who doesn’t? It’s like a Christmas list but you feel like you deserve it more because you’ve survived another year. Hallelujah.
Even though my Birthday list will be left unfulfilled this year (I’m not even mad about it because my room is going to be a groovy new oasis for me to chill in. Isn’t that what the kids are saying now-a-days?), I thought it would be super fun to make one up and share it with you guys! Ready?
The Official Annotated Wishlist for Marissa’s Twentieth Birthday
- While there are one hundred and fifty books on my Goodreads wishlist, and trust me I would gladly accept all one hundred and fifty, there are five that I would especially flail over if presented to me on my happiest of birthdays. Those five are: JK Rowling’s Quidditch Through the Ages/Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them/The Tales of Beetle the Bard (yes I know that’s three but they come in a box set which makes them one, technically!!!!!!), Richelle Mead’s The Immortal Crown, James Dashner’s The Rule of Thoughts, Rainbow Rowell’s Attachments, and Victoria Aveyard’s Red Queen.
- Yes, those are in order.
- Harry Potter House Scarf!
- I was a hatstall between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, although I decided to get really technical with it and tell people I am 51% Ravenclaw, 41% Hufflepuff, 4% Slytherin, and 4% Gryffindor. In other words, I identify as a Ravenpuff, but choose Ravenclaw if forced.
- BASICALLY, because of this, a Ravenclaw House scarf would be lovely, but there’s also this little gem on Etsy. *insert a million winky smug face emojis*
- The Weasley Twins!
- This needs no annotation.
- A Bookshelf!
- I have too many books and nowhere to put them. I went out and bought the $30 white, five-shelf bookshelf from Walmart and after assembling it realized I need another or else it might collapse under the weight of the books I tried to neatly pile onto it. Those books do not include the box of unshelved books on my floor. I’m obsessed and I have zero regrets about it.
- A New Pair of Tennis Shoes!
- I love cute shoes. I love tennis shoes. I love cute tennis shoes. I’m eyeing a pair of Nikes (my sister also wants them so there might or might not be a fight because she doesn’t like to be twinsies with me *sad face emoji*).
- Nike Roshe Runs are essspensive, guys. SOS. I have champagne taste on a beer budget, as my mother once told me.
- World Peace!
- Because I’m not completely selfish, guys.
My sister and I share a birthday, as well. She was born right after my 6th birthday party. No present will ever be as totally awesome as her. Not even if I got everything on this list and more. But don’t tell her because then she’ll think I like her or something. Pssshhh. I don’t.
Okay, maybe I do.
Do you have a birthday coming up? A birthday wishlist? What’s the #1 thing on it?